1. Demonstratives - this, that, these, those.
show the relative distance between the speaker
and a noun.
to something near to the speaker, that
to something further away. These is the
plural of this, and those is the
plural of that.
are pronouns, for example:
- "This is my Mom." Mom is near to
- "These are my books." The books
are near the speaker.
- "I don't like that." He doesn't
like something that is farther away.
can also be adjectives, for example:
- That man is a doctor.
- I like those jackets.
- I don't like that movie.
Now try some exercises.
- Next Page - Grammar Exercises - >>
Back to our Online English Course Index Page